Forum Discussion

mc19879
New Contributor
11 months ago

Not getting advertised 2Gbps speeds

I recently signed up for the 2Gbps down/ 1gbps up service  . Cox sent me their PW8 modem to use but I am using my own TP Link BE9300 router which supports 2.5 Gbps out of the box. I did a speedtest but I'm not getting the advertised speeds. I tried switching modems , using different ethernet cables, used different computer, I even tried connected it directly to the ONT. But my speedtest is not getting more than 1Gbps. I already chatted with CS but it wasn't helpful.

mc19879
      New Contributor

My laptop has a 2.5Gig ethernet port and Windows is reporting it as 2500Mbps. My ONT model is a Nokia G-010G-T and that should support 2.5Gigs as well. 

ExtraChrispy
        Contributor III

Have you tried laptop directly to ONT yet?  It's always best to start throubleshooting with as few variables as possible.

• Hi, there. I'm so sorry for the issues with your speed. I want to help. Please email us the physical address and any other pertinent information to Cox.Help@cox.com with your name and a copy of this forum message so that we can look at the ONT provisioning for you here.