Forum Discussion

coela23
New Contributor
31 days ago

No Internet

I live in Fairview Park, OH we were recently hit by a bad storm however I only lost power collectively for 5 minutes. The storm hit on Tuesday and my internet went out later than night. This has to be the most frustrating experience because I had to leave spectrum since Cox is the only provider for this area. People who have power and have spectrum have internet. I’m not understanding why the service is still out when I have power. I work remotely so this is frustrating trying to find somewhere to work everyday. Customers can’t get a straight answer and all they keep telling me is how People out west were hit with a storm and didn’t have internet for over a week like that’s suppose to provide me with relief. Cox needs to do better!! Idk if they need more crew workers but this is ridiculous. I’m going to have to spend money for a hotel just to work but I’m pretty sure we won’t get a discount on our bill. I wish I could switch internet service provider because I would!!!

TimGraf2020
    New Contributor

I’m also in Fairview Park and work remotely.   There are no ETAs for when service will be restored.  I was just chatting with a representative and received no useful information.   This is very frustrating.   

TimGraf2020
      New Contributor

Thankfully.  Service was restored this morning.   I know it was a bad storm but when service is out for multiple days, some estimates and updates would be appreciated.   

NGB
        New Contributor II

That's great news! Unfortunately mine is still down. But looks like we're getting closer. Still holding out hope for tomorrow 🤞🏼

NGB
    New Contributor II

I'm in Rocky River and dealing with the same issue. Didn't lose power but lost internet at 9pm Tuesday. The back up generators died at 9pm which made the internet go out. The only info I was able to gather is just because we have power at home, it doesn't mean the equipment transmitting our internet, does. So we likely won't get internet back until all the power sources for the equipment have power. Which, okay, I get it. But what I hate is there is not even a guess at how long it'll be out. I also work from home & hate not being able to plan next week! New utility poles just arrived Thursday afternoon so for 2 days they couldn't even get the downed poles replaced. Just hoping internet is back by Monday so I can work.