New Contributor II
10 months ago

New Webmail

No message.

23 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    RozBuds
    New Contributor III

Was able to login to my email account this morning from home. Was not able to from work. Am now at home and not able to login. Cookies are cleared. Have used different browsers. Gone Incognito. Nothing works. When it finally loads it's a whole new different email login page with a big blue background. When I try and login it it doesn't recognize the login or PW. This really is not good. Do you think anyone from Cox is working on the problem? I really need to access my email. This is not a good, I have attached a screen shot.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like they are having problems with the new platform. If it was just you reporting this I would say it's something with your profile, but others are reporting it too. I am going to guess it will fix itself in a day or so. If you are desperate, try accessing it from a browser with a built in VPN like Opera GX.

PS. Thanks for the picture. Helps document the problem.

RozBuds
        New Contributor III

Yep... I hope it just needs a good nights sleep and will be back in action in the morning. Thank you for the reply.

gerpit
    New Contributor II

I hate it. Is there a way to revert back to the old format?

vhanna58
      New Contributor

I agree with your comment.  Instead of one line per email msg, there are now 4 lines.  I use the Cox interface for email to reduce the amount of Spam received.  When I finish, the number of emails left in the Inbox is usually less than 10.  I clear Spam and Trash folders, then sign out.  I have an improved version of Outlook Express (3rd party) which I use to manage email on my Windows PC.  When I open this program, any emails in my Inbox are transferred to my OEclassic software.  The new version of Cox Email is now more cumbersome to use.

RozBuds
    New Contributor III

Yippee... Email is working this morning. Nothing beats a good nights sleep. Hope everyone's emails are working as well.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the update. I think Cox is transitioning in blocks of people and this wasn't the first block so I hope everyone is transitioned now. Anyone still on the old platform?

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

I don't use Cox email but the three things I think are neat about the new UI are;

1.Cloud drive access.

2.Preview of attachment.

3.Encrypted email.

The thing I don't like are the new(or lack there of) spam blocker settings.

• The new version of webmail is ABYSMAL for my usage!

I get a lot of junk email daily. I used to be able to just click on the box at the left of the email entries I didn't want, then click on the delete button to delete all at once. Or to delete contents of an entire folder by clicking on the box at top to select all entries, then clicking the trash can. 

Those boxes no longer exist! Why not?!! Why make it harder and more cumbersome to use?!!  I apparently have to delete each entry separately by clicking on it to open, then clicking delete. Waste of time if you have 20 or more junk entries!

The worst is that the new version is slower to open, slower to respond. What did you do to ruin what worked?!!   I often spent 2 - 3 hours a day reading and responding to emails; that time has now doubled or tripled!! 

VERY unhappy with the new email. I will be transferring to gmail if this does not improve. 

ZZZZZZZZZ
      New Contributor II

The check boxes are available in settings. I'd be lost without them.

noladog
    New Contributor

I hate is as well. Tiday, I cannot even access it!!! It just keeps trying to connect.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Try deleting your temporary files and cookies for that page. Since it's a new platform maybe they changed something. Assuming you are using Chrome:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
      2. At the top right, click More   Settings .
      3. Click Privacy and security  Cookies and other site data.
      4. Click See all site data and permissions.
      5. At the top right, search for the website's name.
      6. To the right of the site, click Remove .
      7. To confirm, click Clear.
        ddh
        New Contributor

Thanks, clearing the cookies worked!

noladog
    New Contributor

I hate is as well. Tiday, I cannot even access it!!! It just keeps trying to connect.

cjmspm
      New Contributor II

Just spins and spins....at least 3 or 4 minutes to connect, if it doesn't time out and fail. Oh, and then it gives me error #LGI-0006 and says I'm entering the wrong username/password. I'm NOT.

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

Not sure why it's slow for you. For me, it's just as fast as previous. Tested win 7/10/11 Mac OS, Ubuntu, debian and redhat, various browsers, no issues.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Are you transitioned to the new platform yet? I suspect there are problems for a few days after someone is moved over.

troyb314
    New Contributor

I try to access my email and it just tines out to a blue login screen where my credentials don't work

am89074
      New Contributor

The same.  I tried to access on my laptop and couldn't.  Tried to access on my cell phone and I got connected.  Someone said clean the history.  Im going try that.