Forum Discussion

brownshelby14
New Contributor
6 years ago

New Router - Gaming Issues

I recently set up a new Panoramic modem/router on 7/5. Initial setup was rough with trying to hook up the TV to the network for vudu/netflix purposes, but that's probably not relevant. As of this morning, I keep getting booted out of an online game (attempting to join Minecraft Realms). There was no problem at all yesterday 7/6, but today i am receiving an error - looking at the game's forums, it was recommended to disable NAT acceleration. However, when i log into the router, i do not see that option in Advanced > LAN as others have said. i think i saw something else that said to enable bridge mode, or something, but that then says it'll take down the whole wifi functionality, which is just unacceptable for the rest of the household. I could use any insight into the router UI - perhaps i'm looking in the wrong spot? Or, if this isn't something i can change on my end i'd like to know how to get this resolved if possible.

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @brownshelby14 Hello, have you tried looking through the settings on the Panoramic WiFi app, http://bit.ly/2YCfZY3? With the app, you can enable port forwarding, and customize your local area network (LAN) settings. Are you on a hard-wired connection or wireless connection while gaming? As WiderMouthOpen indicated, you cannot disable NAT acceleration or enable bridge mode on the Panoramic WiFi. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator