Forum Discussion

scotl
New Contributor
2 years ago

New email

This decision to totally screw up the email format that we have been using for close to 20 years and replace it with this barely functioning piece of garbage is just mind boggling. It's one thing to make adjustments and totally another to install without warning a completely new system. A system without even a hint as to how to use it and without the functions formerly available in the old version. This totally did not NEED to happen and I'm not happy that I have to inform all of my personal, financial and billing contacts of my change to another email platform.

Cox needs to fix this immediately!!!

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Really? The email format we were using is NOT even close to 20 years. I remember when I started in 2006, the classic webmail, then they tried the "Enhanced" webmail, and the 2 webmails lasted for a LONG time, before they went with the new Webmail. It has not been close to 20 years in any way shape or form, unless you are using some kind of new math.

Bottom line, you are just plain wrong. Go hide under a bush. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Have you considered using a email client like Outlook or Thunderbird? Also, just for curiosity sake, what email platform/provider are you going with?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I remember when Rovi allowed us to see email.  I think it only displayed the headers because I can't remember reading email on my colossal tube TV.

JoeFromRI
    New Contributor

Any idea why I am unable to synch Cox e-mail with my GMAIL account?

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

I assume you are using IMAP and using the Gmail website? If so, can you still sync your account with a email client like Outlook/Thunderbird? Also, what error are you getting? I am guessing it has something to do with TLS.

JoeFromRI
        New Contributor

Couldn't reach server . Double check the server and port number

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Since it's a new platform, you may need to redo your OAuth within Gmail.