Forum Discussion

Happyme123
New Contributor
6 years ago

Netflix unable to maintain 4k or 1080p stream, an issue previously solved last year.

Netflix streams are dropping down to 480p when they should be 4k or 1080p. I had this issue before and it took months to solve. Calling support  at Cox or Netflix was like speaking to a hole in the wall. I asked my neighbor if they had issues with netflix recently; he did not even notice he was watching 4k in 1080p or less. I guess some people do not notice the drop until it's at 480p. No router ,modem or saturation issues on my end.

The issue was previously solved by a Cox employee on this forum when he/or she found the issue was related to a peering node at Akamai. Can I get someone from Cox to please check out Netflix stream issue here in 92610, thanks.

6 Replies

MarkM1
    Former Moderator
    HI HAPinOrange,

Are you seeing this issue when streaming Netflix on the Contour box or is this streamed on another device? Would you be able to test a wired device to see if you can stream Netflix in 4K on that device? Please let us know.

Mark M.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    chmod777
    New Contributor III

I am having this same problem with Netflix and other sites as well during primetime hours. It certainly seems to be a peering issue, like there is not enough bandwidth, because traffic to the Cox speedtest remains normal. I'm in 92656. This has been a consistent problem since I signed up (a few weeks ago). Signal levels are perfect.

Would love a response from Cox on this.

XavierB
      Former Moderator
      Hi Chmod777,

We have forwarded your information over to our team and we haven't received an update yet. We are still working to obtain more information. -

Xavier