Forum Discussion

mdd
New Contributor II
2 years ago

My Panoramic WIFI Gateway is ignoring the Security Preference DISABLE COX HOTSPOT selection

Logged in as primary account owner, I set my Security preference to disable the COX HOTSPOT on my network.  I still see the COXWIFI SSID as a choice on my local networks.  If I power down the gateway, the COXWIFI SSID (as well as my local network SSID) disappears - proving that it is originating from my gateway.  Two questions:

1. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

2. Is there any other configuration option to disable this COX initiated unwanted leach of my network bandwidth and potential security risk?

19 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

widermouthopen, would you still have your step-by-step instructions to disable the hotspot?

You published your excellent instructions on the following post, but someone somehow deleted your guidance.

forums.cox.com/.../98042

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

I think I just copy pasted from the Cox document found here. However I think OP already tried that. Sounds like a provisioning problem. I would email Cox and ask them to reprovision the gateway.

1. Open a web browser and enter www.cox.com/myprofile.
      2. Sign in to your account by entering your primary Cox user ID and password.
      3. From the Password, Security & Privacy section, click Privacy preferences.
      4. From the Privacy preferences page, does the Cox Hotspot section display?
        • If yes, then click the radio button next to Disable.
        • If no, then contact us for help.
      5. Click Save changes.
        mdd
        New Contributor II

Thanks for the response, but you essentially repeated the steps that I took in my attempt to disable the COXWIFI open network access point.

Note:

•  I do have the option to DISABLE radio button shown in my preferences(bullet one) and it is set to DISABLE.
        • I contacted COX support (bullet two) ... and was directed to insure the Radio button was set to DISABLE.