Forum Discussion

wizardkat1
New Contributor
4 years ago

Multiple modem log Notices

Brand new modem, new line Cox tech ran. No splitters and I keep getting notices every 10 min. What is going on. Signal levels are Good.

In a days time these logs will be miles long with the same entry every time. 

21 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Always Channel-159 so it could be an issue with bonding.  Did you open your wall plate to inspect for any hidden splitters?  Research the lights on the front of your modem.  Any supposed to be green or blue if the channels are successfully bonded?

wizardkat1
      New Contributor

Cox tech did the install intitally, took out all the existing wiring and ran new. I doubt there's any hidden splitters as it's just one line in. New modem is all green, nothing flashing..its the netgear cm1200. Never had this issue until a month ago and now it won't stop. Driving me crazy. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Green is good.  If it was amber, that'd be only one channel.  I agree there's probably no hidden splitter(s) on your line.

What speeds are you getting?  Are the results of any speed test commensurate with your data plan?

Dave9
    Contributor III

Event code 16 is "OFDM profile failure". Event code 24 is "OFDM profile recovery". What you're seeing is indicative of short bursts of noise on the downstream channels. Since you're only losing profile 3 and sometimes profile 2 it's not causing you any serious issues, but it could be indicative of an issue that could get worse later. If you start seeing profile ID 1 or profile ID 0 in the event code 16 message that means it's getting worse. Event code 24 just means everything went back to normal so you don't need to worry about what's in those messages.

wizardkat1
      New Contributor

Thank you for the info. What exactly could be causing that? Everything is brand new. 

Dave9
        Contributor III

Something upstream from your house. Could be a bad overhead or buried cable. Could be a bad amplifier somewhere. Could be a neighbor backfeeding noise. If all of your equipment is new and working properly there's nothing you need to do. Like I said it's not causing issues until it starts to affect profile 1 or 0. It's to Cox's advantage to have everyone on profile 3 since that provides for maximum bandwidth so maybe they'll look into the problem at some point.

lwhiteman
    New Contributor

I'm having very similar issues...cox can't connect to my router and according to them, I'm having an outage, but I

am online now...

Dave9
      Contributor III

You should post a new thread and show your modem signals and logs. Unless you live on the same block as the original poster it's likely a completely different issue even if the symptoms are the same.

SharonL
      Former Moderator
      Hello Lwhiteman,

I am sorry we are unable to connect to your modem. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Thank you.

Sharon
      Cox Support Forum Moderator

wizardkat1
        New Contributor

And here I was thinking this way my post.... Lol

lwhiteman
    New Contributor

I'm having very similar issues... cox can not connect to my router and they say I

m on an outage, but I'm online now...

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Cox shouldn't connect to your router.  Cox should only see your modem because only the modem is on their network.

What specific issue are you having?  What do you have for a device:  modem/router combo?