Forum Discussion

asdfgh
New Contributor
6 years ago

Lies to retain customers...

I just went to disconnect my Cox service around 12:30 Central Time on 9/26/2018. I worked through the phone tree to get to the disconnection department. The rep started processing my claim and after it became clear I wanted to disconnect my service he informed me that "a system wide outage in Texas and Oklahoma just happened and he couldn't pull up my account to service it and I would have to call back later." I informed him that I didn't believe him and he told me his "supervisor was behind him and told him to say that." I asked for the supervisor's name and he said "I am not allowed to give that out." I hung up, called back immediately to the same number, went through the same phone tree, got a different person and had my account termination initiated after just a few minutes. So, either some of the customer service people are lying/being trained to lie or the world's shortest computer system outage occurred.

Let me predict the Cox response to this (if they respond): 'Our records show that a brief system outage did occur around 12:30 on 9/26/2018 in the texas/oklahoma office.'   

2 Replies

• Hello Asdfgh, I am truly sorry to hear that you had to endure such an experience with us and can certainly look into this for you. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and the name of the rep you spoke to cox.help@cox.com Thanks. Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      asdfgh
      New Contributor

The reps did give me their names, but I did not write them down.