Forum Discussion

darkwds
New Contributor
4 years ago

Issue with Netgear model CAX30 and Gigablast

I have Cox Gigablast at my new house which came with a white Nokia modem and the Cox panaramic wifi router. I switched to a netgear  model CAX30 router and went through the setup process but I am unable to get online so I think I am missing a step somewhere. 

• So guys I may have found a solution. I just purchased mines from Best Buy today and took it home today and it didn’t work. The first agent helped me and it felt like that person didn’t know what she was doing. All she said was on my end it looks healthy. All I can do for you know is schedule a tech to come out. I disregard and called another agent. This agent happens to transfer me to his supervisor which he personally made sure I was up and running before I left the call.

Solution- Supervisor told me that most agents that request the serial number from you to get your combo router to start doesn’t know that they have to delete the space that comes before the actual serial number when inputted in their system. They don’t know that. All he did was press backspace and told me to reboot and there; it works! Hope this help someone.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    white Nokia cable modem

What's the make/model?  I reads like an ONT.  Can you reboot it as well?

darkwds
      New Contributor

Nokia modem but I can't find the model number on it. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Do you have fiber optic service?