Forum Discussion

BlueSquared
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

iPhone Wifi Calling

Does anyone have Wifi Calling working on their iPhone?

It was working for me, but recently stopped and I can't figure out why (I suspect it may be due to the net neutrality repeal).

AT&T is telling me that it requires port 143 to be opened, but Cox is indicating they block that port for all residential users, but they can't tell me when the change was made.

One of the Cox support agents gave me a song and dance about how I need to open the port on my CABLE MODEM, but that turned out to be BS.

Someone, please help!!!

• Bruce,

This wasn't the solution, but it pointed me in the right direction.  Thanks!

I can confirm that iPhone WIFI calling absolutely works on Cox's internet service.

My issue was my router's (TP-Link Archer C2300) configuration. 

WIFI Calling requires IPSec Passthrough.  On my particular router, this was disabled.

Blocked ports was not an issue.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Another subscriber with iOS 11.4.1 posted the issue on the AT&T forum.

The last contributor of the post attributed the issue to the Smart Connect feature on the Netgear router.  If you don't have Netgear, it could be a similar feature to auto-select the best band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) for your connection.

As of now, it was the last post on page 4 but it's dated Sep 11, 2018.  Nobody in the forum confirmed it worked…except the contributor…but it did get 2 Kudos.

forums.att.com/.../5584579

BlueSquared
      New Contributor

Bruce,

This wasn't the solution, but it pointed me in the right direction.  Thanks!

I can confirm that iPhone WIFI calling absolutely works on Cox's internet service.

My issue was my router's (TP-Link Archer C2300) configuration. 

WIFI Calling requires IPSec Passthrough.  On my particular router, this was disabled.

Blocked ports was not an issue.