Forum Discussion

c5powell
New Contributor
12 months ago

Internet/cable

We have been experiencing internet and cable issues for about 2 weeks now, Can’t speak to anyone to find out what the issue is. I just keep getting text that they are working on it . Seems like one day it’s the internet the other day it’s the cable , which I have the streaming box from Cox .Me and my husband work from home and this is causing problems. I would like to know what is the issue and what’s going on. It’s not my equipment .

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Are you in or near Tulsa by any chance? A lot of reported problems in that area since the storm.

Either way, when you lose the internet does it effect wired devices as well as wireless like the streaming box?

c5powell
      New Contributor

I’m in Cantonment FL. And no storms here that would affect service.  

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Does it effect wired connections as well? If so, you could troubleshoot the gateway by looking at the signal levels. Go to 192.168.0.1 in a browser > Login user:admin password:password > Connection on the left side > Cox Network. You want to look at your downstream and upstream levels.

See here on how to upload a picture to the forum. If easier, you can also upload it to imgur and post the link. Copy/pasting the data doesn't work too well because it sets off the anti spam function of the forum.