Forum Discussion

HLH
New Contributor
2 years ago

Internet

Still the lousiest internet service I've ever had.

9 Replies

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

You must have serious bad luck. I have had Cox in my home since I bought in in 1993, and I got their internet service as soon as they provided it, in fact I think I still have the old Toshiba PCX1100 modem. I havent had a single problem with payments, and the ONE time I had internet issues, they came out, found the line to the house was bad, and they had a new one in as soon as they got the permit, and the ground marked. My speeds at the moment are fantastic, I am on preferred internet, 250 down and 10 up, and this was my last speedtest 1 minute ago - 

So, lets figure this out... What modem are you using, what router, and can you connect your computer to  your modem with an ethernet cable?

Perplexed_User
        New Contributor III

Why did Cox curtail upload speed?  The competition is crushing my 5 upload.  Might have to switch to Verizon 5G for the house.

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

Are you looking for some assistance, or just to kvetch? If you would like some assistance, let's start with, what kind of modem and router are you using, and do you have a computer connected via ethernet?

HLH
      New Contributor

I've explained everything to cox. I'm using the modem THEY provided. they haven't been able to solve my internet or cable issues.