Forum Discussion

T2Auleta
New Contributor
3 years ago

Internet usage discrepancy

From June 16-18, I showed a HUGE spike in usage. I know we were having issues with network outages in the area at this time. We haven’t been using internet any more than normal. Anyone else have this issue last week?  Now I’m showing 80% usage and I’m not even half way through the billing cycle.

I’ve never used that much data in 3 days, ever.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @T2Auleta, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    joonbug
    New Contributor

We have the exact same problem. 6/18. A spike using more than 4 times as usual with less people at home. only 2 of us home watching television and somehow we are to believe we used a huge amount of data?  Nothing different done that day (other than no kids on video games as they weren’t here)  nothing different the day before or the days since. Just the one day. Cox so far, has been unable to explain but were quick to offer us an upgrade to spend more money on internet service. We had plenty month after month till 6/18. Went over this month due to that one day.   

Allan
      @Joonbug, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    JonS9
    New Contributor

I had the exact same issue on the exact same day (except I had the issue for three days (18,19,25th). 300GB each day which translates in to 96 hours of HD streaming each day. Virtually impossible. Live Agent was no help. But this forum seems to indicate a systemic issue. 

Allan
      @JonS9, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.