Forum Discussion

Pam613
Contributor II
6 years ago
Solved

Internet service

Cox internet service is pathetic lately with timeouts & no connection. Happens fairly often & with price increases it is not acceptable service for what you pay. If this isn’t fixed I’m done with cox after 30+ years!

• Hi Dtauth, we find these ongoing issues to be quite concerning, and we sincerely apologize for the ongoing, poor experience. We'd like to investigate your inquiries in greater detail. Can you please send include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com? -Kevin

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    dtauth
    New Contributor

This has been my issue since January. It started with our DVR service not working, no big deal but if Im paying for the service then I expect it to work. Needless to say after the technician changing out connections, splitters and such, and 3 DVR boxes later and the service still not working we decided to opt out of that service. Did I mention my bill dropped about $8 a month. Fast forward, we started having internet connection issues. Have to reset our modem weekly, only thing connected is our phones (3) and a firestick. So not a lot of devices connected at once. Im home mostly by myself...so what gives. Here it is April, my contract has ended, I pay $220 a month for basic expanded cable, 3 boxes, and preferred internet (reset every week because it doesnt work properly, slow connection or no connection at all). And yes, I have been in contact with Cox on multiple occasions for the issues. Looks like I will be switching. 

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Dtauth, we find these ongoing issues to be quite concerning, and we sincerely apologize for the ongoing, poor experience. We'd like to investigate your inquiries in greater detail. Can you please send include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com? -Kevin
      Pam613
      Contributor II

It's almost like before we had Cox years ago with dial up trying to connect to aol. Cox used to have a great service.

• Hi Pam613. I am sorry to hear that your internet service isn't working as expected and I know it is very frustrating. To get help, please email cox.help@cox.com and include this link along with your complete address and name on the account and we will be glad to help you get this fixed. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Pam613
      Contributor II

This has been going on for quite a few months now & I went back & forth with Cox for over a month with phone service problem. Cox should send someone out to check the outside lines because my signal from my router is strong & last time I gave cox info to get into my account my email was hacked so I'm not doing that again.