Forum Discussion

djpeery
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Internet keeps dropping in and out probably hundreds of times a day.

our Internet keeps dropping in and out each day probably about 100 times a day. We have had multiple technicians come in our house and just to tell us that there seems to be no problems or issues and just unplug our modem and router and doesn’t come with the proper equipment or extra wiring to replace our old wiring.

Why are we paying this much money and why would we waste our time if there was no issues??

I am so ready to take this to a whole another level. I am ready to sue Cox a*. Give me my money back because you have been charging us for giga blast speeds when we’re getting nothing close to that.

We also have replaced our modem and router with an expensive new one and nothing has changed.

Adeleise
    New Contributor

No way. Somebody else is having the same problem? I thought I was losing my mind. 

I'm a Twitch streamer. Up until about a months ago, everything was perfect. I wasn't having any issues whatsoever. Speed was great, streams were fine. Suddenly my bitrate begins to crash at random. At first I can manage with it, but it continues to get worse and worse, to the point that I can't hardly play a single game of Apex without the connection crashing to the point that my team is dead before it comes back. 

I have had five -- FIVE techs show up at my house over the last month. They have replaced all of the wiring, the panoramic modem TWICE, and still nothing. If anything, it has gotten worse. Now it's so bad that I can hardly have a Skype or Discord conversation without the connection dropping intermittently throughout the call. My messages will just not send for 10-15 minutes at a time. Pages won't load. Videos endlessly buffer.

And of course because it's an intermittent issue, nobody can explain it, and it "seems to be working fine" when they're here. 

I'm severely disappointed that it has been over a month with little success. I swear if someone tells me to restart my modem one more time, I'm going to lose it. I have restarted it probably 20-30 times just in this last month alone. I'm trying to be patient, but my patience is running thin...

shaunmc
      New Contributor

omg we have the internet below gigablast and our speed is fine we get like a download speed of  750-900 mbps and upload of 35mbps and we intermittently get kicked off of our internet too like every 10 minutes for a 30-60 seconds as well.. and it happens on all of our devices. phone, xbox, ipads, computers.. it started happening when they installed coxwifi hotspots all over our area about a month ago. we just got a new model of the panoramic gateway today and had two technicians come out in the last month, but they could only check the wiring outside and he said it looked good. I seriously knew I couldn't be the only one with issues.. I cant even start a game of overwatch from beginning to end. 

Allan
      Hello Djpeery, Adeleise, and shaunmc. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this ongoing issue to cox.help@cox.com so we can look into this concern on your behalf. Thanks. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.