Forum Discussion

abh91
New Contributor II
2 months ago

Internet Drops Every Morning

Every morning for the last month and a half, I have experienced loss of my internet connection. We are using the Panoramic gateway that was provided by Cox, and even had it replaced recently but it hasn't helped. Like clockwork, at around 8:45am-9am, the router restarts on it's own and then takes so long to reconnect. The light on the gateway just blinks green and can stay that way for hours before we get the solid white light. I currently WFH and need a stable and reliable connection, so this is beyond frustrating and inconvenient. We had a tech come out who said the lines and signal were "fine", so it's like we're stuck. Has anyone had this issue? Any advice or suggestions are welcome!

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    abh91
    New Contributor II

Update: We had a another technician come out on Friday 3/15. Just as before, they completed their "testing" but unfortunately it yielded no results, so we were told yet again both the signal and wiring were fine. As expected, they weren't able to provide an answer as to what is causing the issue, and even said it was "weird" lol. Their only solution was to swap out the coaxial cable but of course, my internet dropped again not even 20 minutes after they left. Customer service advised they would have dispatch send them back out but of course, in true Cox fashion, no one ever showed up or even had the common courtesy to give us a call. During another drop this morning, we called "tech support" who advised the modem was old and needed to be replaced, yet again, even though they just sent us one less than 3 weeks ago! I am seriously at my wit's end with the company and their terrible, unreliable, overpriced service. We are currently in the process of switching to Verizon. 

Teejackson95
      New Contributor II

WoW, that's nice. At least you had someone that came out. They told us last month we had to go to a store to fix our issues. Tuh! 

xhao
    New Contributor II

I have the same problem recently, have to restart modem frequently in the morning. The technical support can’t solve it. Several years ago, I met the same problem, someone suggested  collecting  modem logs and  sending to Cox by email, finally Cox technicians came several times and found problems outside the building. I will collect modem logs and contact Cox again.

abh91
      New Contributor II

That's a great idea! We have another appointment scheduled for Friday, and this time they're supposed to be sending a supervisor out. Fingers crossed we finally come up with a solution!

Mz_Murphy
    New Contributor

Same here. Internet freezing last month or so but not for long. Now within the last 2 wks losing service in the morning and tried reboot, reset and everything.  Now this morning can't get on. Sick of Cox. Trying to reach them now. I work from home. 

abh91
      New Contributor II

That is terrible! For the amount of money they're charging, the least they could do is make sure the service works smh. Fortunately, my job has been very patient while I try to get this figured out and I hope that's the same for you. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

A scheduled task could be pausing your WiFi every morning.   Cox Panoramic Wifi App Features discusses a 'Downtime Scheduler' that automatically pauses WiFi access over your WiFi network during scheduled time periods.  Review that documentation for instructions how to review Panoramic settings to see if that could be what's causing your Internet to drop. 

abh91
      New Contributor II

Thanks for that tip! We did check the app but found that this feature has not been enabled, so unfortunately, we are still searching for the answer. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

The fact you lose Internet at essentially the same time every day is still an indication that some scheduled event is the cause.  Have you reviewed all Panoramic settings that could potentially pause access?  Does 'Troubleshoot Device' provide any useful information?

Is your gateway connected to a battery backup?  If not, do you have an electric clock or some other device you could plug into the outlet that powers the gateway to detect if the outlet loses power?  I don't think that's your issue but troubleshoot to eliminate variables.   

Teejackson95
    New Contributor II

That sucks! It really does! And we losing out on money because we can't work! And when you get someone to finally speak with and you're expressing your anger/fear of being fired. They want to say please don't use profanity. Grow up! I said the service is BS! It is! Then they said sorry for your loss, no it's going to be cox loss if I get fired! It's total BS! I know it's not the person fault, I'm talking to, it's your friggen company you work for! I had a very important billing task to turn in before 4pm, and all you can say is sorry for your loss? Try send this up to COX CEO and let them know for the **bleep** prices they charge for only internet, which is almost $200, 186-191 every month, is a **bleep** ripoff! My husband had to leave work, it was so bad for him. There is another company that has fiber, clearly I do need to check and see how their service is. This does not make sense. At all! And it is happening more and more often lately. Super ridiculous paying this amount and the service is not faster, as the other lying sob said it would be if you get this plan. No, it's literally the same! It sucks you have to go and rant about service vs getting on the phone with your customers. It's sad! Stuff way too expensive now a days, and you can't even get on the phone and talk. They want to use sensitive ppl to chat with & not resolving anything. Pathetic!