Forum Discussion

DSM
New Contributor
6 years ago

Internet disconnect

Why, for the love of God, does the internet keep disconnecting???  You might think for the money we dish out for this horrid technology someone MIGHT put it towards better infrastructure and function.  Truly, in the last 48 hours, it has disconnected and reconnected at least 50 times.  Please.....

Greed!

9 Replies

• Hi DSM. I can understand how frustrating it is when your internet is acting that way. It sounds like we need to schedule a service call to see where the signal issue is and get it fixed for you. Please send an email to cox.help@cox.com with your complete address, name on the account and this link and we will be glad to take care of scheduling a service call. Thanks, Lisa - Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      DSM
      New Contributor

So I have to pay MORE money to have Cox fix a Cox problem?  No thank you.  That is criminal.  Great way to conduct business.

Becky
        Hi DSM, your modem is reporting poor signal levels and high T3 errors. Are there any splitters on the coax connection to the modem? If so, try replacing the splitter to see if your internet connectivity improves. If there is little or no improvement after replacing the splitter, a service call will be needed to resolve the issue. Any issue outside of your home or with the Cox equipment inside your home (cable boxes, leased modems, and eMTAs) is our responsibility and will not result in a charge. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    ShawnK
    New Contributor

Having the same problem for the past week or so.  It's driving me nuts.  I've reset my modem and router 10+ times today.  Sometimes it goes right back down again after it comes back up.  Bought a nice cable modem and router earlier this year, so I doubt seriously it's my equipment (firmware is up to date).  

My poor youngest daughter goes to online school and hasn't been able to get much done today.  

DSM
      New Contributor

ShawnK I feel your frustration and I feel badly for your daughter.  If hundreds of Cox customers are having the exact same issue, it is highly unlikely all of our equipment is faulty.  It is a Cox issue, plain and simple.  Many of us rely on the internet for our businesses and the last several days have been challenging, to say the least.  Cox would rather we pay them more money by setting up a service call.  I hope for your sake they resolve it soon.  I, for one, will be dropping Cox as soon as possible.

Becky
      Hi ShawnK, I'm glad you have a service call scheduled for this afternoon. Please let us know what the tech determines the issue to be. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator