Forum Discussion

jmags56
New Contributor
5 years ago

Internet Cuts out

So I pay for a service. This service unfortunately is the only one in my area. I have not been happy with this internet provider. I upgrade with you. I have a new modem. I bought a router. And this ** still cuts off every 20 mins. Only my area does. I get no answers on the cox site. I am not calling due to the fact I do not want to wait on hold for 3 plus hours. So my question is what are you going to do about it? People pay for a service and if it is not capable then fix it. 

7 Replies

Mfey
    New Contributor

Same here. Trying to work and it's very frustrating. 

DannyS
      Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us your name and the complete service address with this link for assistance anytime.
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

You paid for service...the service stunk...you buy more service...the service still stinks.  More money, more stink.

TB_NOLA
    New Contributor

Cox did something mid last week. I have had constant dropouts. When I called the auto answer said they were working on the internet in my area. It's been horrible ever since. I've tried the standard reset my modem using Cox, manual unplug, etc. Same result. I have an application that monitors and counts the failed internet (dropouts of more than 4 seconds). Today its at 34 in 10 hours. On Thursday last week is was over 50 in 2 hours. My connection has never been like this.

DannyS
      Hello, sorry to hear about your connection concerns. It appears you may need someone to look into your account personally. We can definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. -Dan
  • Hello, if still having these concerns and have already performed the basic testing such as reboots, directly wired testing and confirming on multiple devices. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us your name and the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.
    Jaid
    New Contributor

I have been having the same problem for the last 3 hours. Chat agent told me to buy a new cable modem...