Forum Discussion

kmcmillan
New Contributor
4 years ago

Internet consistently down

Don't know what to do. My internet is goes down consistently. Sometimes it's an outage and other times it's intermittent. It's causing me a lot of problems as I work from home. Also, I'm so sick and tired of Cox's blanketed "people are working from home and schooling at home due to Covid."  It's a total copout. Additionally, my speed is low and I never measure what I'm paying for. 

Cox is of no help to me and at this point I just want to switch ISP's. Any help/recommendations before I do so? I've heard my alternative isn't any better. Also, yes, my modem is new and I'm the only one working from my home. 

shipracer
    New Contributor III

Make the switch, COX has been sending me and my neighbors in circles. Made her buy a new modem, problem is still there.

File your FCC complaint even if your living, they cant treat people like this.

• @Kmcmillan, Intermittent loss of service and poor speeds can certainly be frustrating. I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.