Forum Discussion

RichC
New Contributor
10 months ago

Intermittent packet loss in Hampton Roads VA

I'm in the Hampton Roads VA area - in southern York county - and for the last 4 months have been experiencing intermittent packet loss.  My upload and download speeds are fine - however traceroute results show packet loss - sometimes at 100% - on my first hop.  I had a tech come out and he checked all my home connections as well as the connection at the post - no issues - however he did see signal noise while connected at the post.  Cox did have a ticket - UNO000037020602 for reference - to clear the line noise.  This seemed to correct the issue for a few days however the same issue is back.  This is an intermittent issue so it's frustrating to track - and is impacting my online gaming.  I've tried to get support to re-open that ticket above however they want to start at the beginning of the process again and send a tech to my house.  Any ideas?

Thanks

• The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone and High Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need for someone to look into your account personally.  We can definitely be able to assist you with this.  If you are needing help with specific issues.  Please reach us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us with your name with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.