Forum Discussion

nemalki
New Contributor
16 days ago

Hampton Roads CW (Who Gets Channel 7?)

On Sunday, September 1, 2024, The CW will no longer be on WGNT 27 in the Hampton Roads market. It will move to WVBT 43's digital subchannel, 43.2.

Currently, WGNT is occupying channel 7 on the cable grid. However, WVBT is claiming on-air that they will take the slot on channel 7 for CW programming. And WGNT stated that they too will keep the channel 7 slot on Cox.

Now, I'm curious. Which source is correct? If you remove WGNT from its longtime channel position, where will it go considering it is still a must-carry local channel in the market?

• WGNT is going to channel 44, according to WTKR (also owned by Scripps). I imagine at some point there will be another channel shift.  This was not mentioned in the News From Cox section of my latest bill that I received last week. 

wahoowa1
    New Contributor

WGNT is going to channel 44, according to WTKR (also owned by Scripps). I imagine at some point there will be another channel shift.  This was not mentioned in the News From Cox section of my latest bill that I received last week. 

nemalki
      New Contributor

I saw they corrected the story they posted on Thursday confirming the move and has started putting a scrolling bar on-air on Friday afternoon. 

Thank you. 

• Hi nemalki. Any channel changes would be shown in the News from Cox section of your bill. If you need further assistance, please reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

• When official changes like this take place and finalize.  Generally, you will find such transitions in this section on the following statements.