Forum Discussion

ladykassy
New Contributor
12 months ago

I'm tired of my service going out.

• I'm tired of my service going out.  No neighbors go through what I have to.  I've had all the boxes replaced several times and all customer service  can say is unplug everything for 2 hours to let it reset and it should work.  I do this on average 5 times a day and I'm fed up with it.  Will someone with a brain help me?  They charge way too much for what little I'm getting but there are no other good services in my area.  Somone please help.
    Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

What kind of modem are you using. (PLEASE don't say MB8600 or any of the MB series. They are not really motorola modems, they are ZOOM modems, zoom bought the name motorola and slapped it on their equipment so people would buy them, thinking they were getting the real Motorola. They have PROBLEMS!). 

Not that rant is concluded... What equipment ARE you using? Modem/router all in one??

JoshuaHorst
    New Contributor II

Mine does the same thing and all that cox tells me to do is restart the modem like I haven't already tried all that a million times. Also had tech support tell me to buy their new modem even though the router/modem I bought this last year they claimed was a great one with zero issues. Cox customer support refuses to answer a question I asked and instead always tells me I need a new modem and that would fix everything 

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

What modem do you have? (Please don't say Motorola MB8600)...

• Yes! Constantly! Today is the 5th or 6th time we have had service interruptions in 2 wks! Ridiculous. This affects us tremendously since we work remotely. Is COX going to reimburse when we have to take time off because we can't work? 

JuanC

Hello Celestial01, I'm sorry to hear that you have been having service interruptions. Please reach out to us email at cox.help@cox.com. You can also reach us through Facebook or Twitter so that we can assist you with this matter. 

Cox Forums Moderator

Juan

JoshuaHorst
      New Contributor II

Cox won't reimburse you at all. I complained on here and magically our usage went up way past what it was supposed to and it never has in the 14 years we have had cox in this house. Nothings changed whatsoever but all of a sudden our usage is almost at its end. Yes I also need my internet for work and it constantly cuts out. Don't call and complain or they will do to you what they did to us. 14 years and have never gone over our data cap and I make one complaint and our data cap is now over the amount. Do like I am doing and screenshot every message you get from them or these cox moderators. Hell I asked 1 question yesterday and the tech support operator never answered my question and instead told me I need a new modem/router and a hat I had to buy from them. 

StephanieS

JoshuaHorst

I'd be more than happy to review your account.  Please send an email to cox.help@cox.com and include your full name, address and a link to this Forums thread.  Thanks! 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

If you really unplugged everything for 2 hours, 5 times a day, that wouldn't leave much time for actually using the service.  It's time to try something different.  If you've replaced all the boxes several times, you probably have a signal issue.  If you schedule a tech to check your signal, Cox will charge for the service call if the issue is on your side of the demarcation point.  But, if the issue is on Cox's side, there's no charge.  Either way, you'll probably continue to have the same issues until you identify the cause and have it fixed.