Forum Discussion

Tucdan
New Contributor
5 years ago

How can I stop COX Popup ads that block what I am trying to see on the internet.

How can I stop COX from SPAMming what I am trying to watch or view on the internet without providing a way to delete the SPAM.  I pay enough to COX and I should not be interrupted.  This is worse than phone SPAM

4 Replies

• AMEN!  I went on this morning and every business site I tried to open was hijacked by this horris pop up.  Moreover it wont go away unless I sign up for this unwanted service.  Way to go Cox.  Now I am so mad I am considering cancelling my home service and getting rid of cox altogether. 

HeatherS

Hi, suejohn85392. I understand how frustrating spam is. We value our customers and surely don't want to see you go to another provider. For account-specific support, please reach out to us via private message on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. You are also welcome to email us at cox.help@cox.com. Thank you. 

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

You realize of course that MOST internet pop up ads are not Cox's fault. Especially if they are trying to get you to sign up for a service. Most of the time it's a third party that gets money when you click on the ad. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Modify your browser settings to block pop-ups.  The first "Pop-Up Stopper" was introduced as a plug-in for the Netscape browser in 2000.  Some version of pop-up/ad blocker is a current settings option in widely used Internet browsers.