Forum Discussion

moony
New Contributor
5 years ago

Hotspot Outage

How do I report a hot spot outage? I can connect but there is no internet access. Cant find support for this issue. I use it at my workplace.

3357 Copter Rd
Pensacola, FL 32514
Any advice?
Thanks.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Moony, thank you for reaching out to us about this. Do you mind providing the name of the business, so we can take a closer look? Are multiple devices impacted by this issue? It is also possible that you may be experiencing a poor connection to the hot spot. Are you able to move closer to the WiFi hotspot at your workplace? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      moony
      New Contributor

Thanks Kev for replying.

I use my personal account to access the hotspot at work. Its always been a somewhat weak connection. I use my laptop and phone and have tried to move around outside where I usually get the best connection anyway. My laptop (inside) will connect with but says "no internet access" and my phone(inside/outside) says "cannot connect to IP address".

Thanks again.

BrianM

I'm not sure how close you really are to the hotspot. It looks like there are 2 near this address, but they are indoor hotspots which have the wireless strength of a regular wireless router. Check this page and enter the address to see if you can tell how close you might be www.cox.com/.../wifi-hotspot-map.html  Also, if you can identify which one you may be connecting to, we can try to remotely reset it.

Brian
        Cox Support Forum Moderator