Forum Discussion

SDResident124
New Contributor
6 years ago

Gigablast Orbi Mesh

Just got gigablast and getting great numbers wired. However, the new gateway panaromaic WiFi can’t cover my 2000sq ft home at full speed. 

Id like to use the Netgear Orbi Mesh AC2200 to help distribute my awesome speeds throughout the home. Is this compatible with Cox Gigablast in San Diego

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

To help gauge your expectations, what speeds are your wireless devices currently receiving?

SDResident124
      New Contributor

Ah well, wired I’m receiving 900-960. WiFi to my tv is in the 100’s. 

The layout out of the house seems to be preventing me from attaining even half.

the reason I ask about the Orbi, is because a friend uses it as his home and his WiFi is actually almost as strong as his wired. He was also having a similar problem and suggested the Orbi.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

100 Mbps to the TV is good.

"Attaining even half" of what...the 100 Mbps of the TV or the bandwidth of your wired connection?

Do a speed test from your wireless devices as well as provide the types of wireless cards.

If you return your Panoramic WiFi modem, you'll also have to purchase a new modem.

Don't get me wrong.  I'd be the first to return a Panoramic for the rental fees alone.  I just want to help find the best router for you.