Forum Discussion

MissyKay
New Contributor III
6 years ago

Exposed Cable Lines

I see several locations behind my townhouse row where Cox cable has become visibly exposed as it radiates out from the Cox service "box" and runs to various homes.  I am thinking this exposure could potentially impact service - - especially since it looks terribly vulnerable to damage by lawn mowers contracted through my HOA.  How best to direct this concern to ensure the cable isn't damaged and potential service interruptions are prevented?  thank you.

2 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator

Hi MissyKay, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We can place a request to have a technician go out and inspect the pedestals that are impacted. Those coaxial cables are thick, to keep out electromagnetic interference. The external layer is a plastic coating which protects the internal layers from damage. Would you mind sending us an email at cox.help@cox.com, with a link to this forum thread? We would like additional information regarding the locations of these boxes. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator

MissyKay
      New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply back.  I will follow-up with the suggested email to cox.help and provide the necessary info regarding location.