Forum Discussion

pizzaface
New Contributor
5 years ago

email is gone

20 Years as a customer and my email just vanished as of January 17th about 6 am. My account page says no email is associated with my account. Live chat was from a different country so they were no help whatsoever. Why bother having a live chat when the person has a limited knowledge of your service? 

8 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @pizzaface, are you able to access our email server on myemail.cox.com? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      bearone2
      Contributor III

are there actual servers, like i deal with outlook 2016?

i haven't been able to send email because of smtp server issues with outlook + 2 other 3rd party programs that setup pop3/imap automatically.

i was assigned a new pw so tier3 could assess the server issue & still can't get send with outlook or the other 2 programs.

pizzaface
      New Contributor

No it says myemail.cox.com cannot be found. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It might just be server maintenance.  A mod can confirm.

pizzaface
      New Contributor

If this was the case and you were not to have email for 48 hours plus...…. howabout sending something out saying this was going to happen

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        @pizzaface, can you please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com? We'd like to investigate this further. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator