Forum Discussion

BobCo
New Contributor
7 years ago

Email Accounts been Inactivated

For about a week, every couple of days some of my email accounts have bee set to Inactive. I then have to Reactivate them but then they will get inactivated again in a day. I have contacted the Chat Lines  about five times but they only say there are some Email servers are not working but they do not know why the Email Accounts are randomly set to Inactive. 

I have to check daily to see if the Accounts are inactive and then reactivate them if needed. I would be good to get some feedback on why this is happening and when it will be fixed.

8 Replies

BobCo
    New Contributor

The Tier 2 Technician told me that with the new Email security platform, all email accounts have to be used to log into Cox.com about once a month or the server will set any account that has not been logged into at Cox,com will be set to Inactive. it does not matter is email has been sent or received with that account or if one logs in with the main account, each one has to be used.

that is a pain since I have 7 different accounts and have to log in with each one is bothersome since did not have to do it before 

• We were told the same thing. Got them reactivated....but within a day we are apparently not authorized to read our own email and I can't get back into our parent account to see if deactivation is tha problem. 

If I had a dollar for every hour we've spent with tech support we could have a lovely Valentine's dinner!

BobCo
    New Contributor

why should it be necessary to log in with each email account just to keep them active - I never use Webmail. I had not done that for 10 years and now I have to not only check the status of all of the email accounts to make sure they have not been Inactivated since there is no error message sending and receiving when they have been inactivated. And now I have to log in every few days to make sure they will not inactivated without my knowledge.

this is a waste of a lot of time. if there is email traffic in and out of an account, why isn't that enough to keep it active???

BobCo
    New Contributor

Still no report from Cox on when or if this issue will be fixed or changed

• BobCo

If you don't use Cox Webmail than I wouldn't worry about keeping keeping any of the user ID's active. The only one you may need would be the primary one, to log onto the website to pay the bill or run a test.

StephanieS
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    BobCo
    New Contributor

I do log in with the Primary Account for the past week since the Inactive problem started to Reactivate them,  but I still had some accounts Inactivated a day later.

This morning, after logging in with each account to WebMail  yesterday and the Primary one, i found three accounts Inactivated and they would not receive Emails from my Gmail account.

BobCo
    New Contributor

Had some of my Emails set to inactive yesterday, I reactivated them and this morning they were set to inactive again so i reactivated them again.

• @BobCo,

We can look into this issue further for you. Please send us an email with your full name, address, and the login(s) that you are experiencing this issue with.

Thanks,

Allan - Cox Support Forums Moderator.