does SB6141 not work with cox?
We had the Panoramic modem/router on the gigabit plan. Then we downgraded to preferred (150mbps). Since there was no need for the Panoramic modem, I tried to activate a SB6141 with Cox over the phone.
During the bootup sequence, the SB6141 send/receive lights turned solid green, but the internet (globe icon) light just kept flashing, before the whole cycle repeated.
I tried several things with the technician:
* Unplugged the modem, waited for a few minutes before plugging it back in
* Tried the coax in a different room
* Tried connecting my laptop directly to the modem instead of via the router
* Verified the serial number and MAC address
* Verified the work order for downgrading to preferred internet was completed
The technician said that they couldn't even send a reboot signal to the SB6141 because it was offline.
His theory is that DOCSIS 3.0 isn't supported in my area, even though DOCSIS 3.1 is. I don't know how much sense that makes. He believes that if I just buy a DOCSIS 3.1 modem then everything will just work, but I'm doubtful.
What are we missing here? Is this a known issue?