Forum Discussion

Jnsanders1983
New Contributor
4 years ago

disable open "CoxWiFi"

There has been a post in the past about disabling the open "CoxWiFi" network. These instructions are no longer valid and there is no way to disable the network either from www.cox.com/myprofile under privacy and security. Also there are not settings available when logging into the router. I find this whole idea of an open wifi disturbing. I have found a very large list of devices that said they have been connected, but its been a very long time since,  to my network and none of them are in my home. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bearone2
    Contributor III

no password/key/etc is why folks are using your wifi!!

you're like an el cheapo coffee shop that provides unsecured wifi!

• Jnsanders1983, Cox WiFi is supported on our Panoramic Wifi Gateways only. Which one are you using? Here is a link to our website for the directions on how-to enable/disable this feature: www.cox.com/.../cox-hotspots-with-panoramic-wifi.html

Please note: Cox Hotspots is designed to work on a separate WiFi network, so your home network remains entirely secure. By enabling guests to use Cox Hotspots, you increase your network security because you won't need to provide your private home WiFi network password.

Also, if you are unsure if your home network is not secure, I suggest that you change your WiFi password (do not use any previously used passwords).

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator