Forum Discussion

WiderMouthOpen
Esteemed Contributor
2 years ago

Delete temp/cookies.

If anyone is getting a 401 HTTP error when trying to sign in, be sure to delete your cookies and tempory files. That worked for me.

TiffanyR
    2 years ago

Hello WiderMouthOpen, 

Thank you for this feedback. I have shared it with my leaders. We are still working to fully integrate the community and hope to be running smoothly in no time. 

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Closing all browser tabs (not just forums) will clear the 401 HTTP error.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Requires you to sign in almost every day still though. I wonder what the experiation date on the cookie is? I tried to look but couldn't find the right cookie.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

I'd like to be able to delete our own posts that have had no replies yet.  I reposted a reply that contained an external link because it had seemed to disappear.  If you post a reply with a link, it might take longer to be published.

Anonymous

I had to create a new 'Username' of 'Lovemylab1'. The "autologin" asked me to "complete registration" and wouldn't let me use my old 'Username'. It said it was already taken. I tried to get help via Chat with a Cox agent, who instead decided to add another 'User ID', not understanding that a 'User ID' and a 'Username' are two different things. Frustrated, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Couldn't reach a moderator without registering.

Becky

I'm so sorry about that! We're looking into why that happened. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

Images in previous posts are resized,   An image the size of surrounding text was resized to fill the screen.

Apparently, linking to a specific reply is no longer possible.  The link must be to the thread. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

BTW, Seems loading a picture, even if you later delete it, still messes up with upload. Anyone else?

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

Apparently we're unable to delete our own replies now.

There's also a maximum number of replies that an individual may post within a thread.  If you exceed the limit, your reply won't be published.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Where did you get that info? Seems the new UI hasn't been long enough to test it. Either way, do you know the maxium number?

I have noticed I have to clear my cookies almost every day or I get the 401 HTTP error. Anyone else?

TiffanyR
      Former Moderator

Hello WiderMouthOpen, 

Thank you for this feedback. I have shared it with my leaders. We are still working to fully integrate the community and hope to be running smoothly in no time.