Forum Discussion

Josh1018715
New Contributor
2 months ago

CoxWifi hotspot connects, but says no internet connection and also says no IP.

I've been using this coxwifi hotspot from my panoramic modem for a couple of months now and all of the sudden my guests can't connect to it anymore like it would connect, but it would say no internet and I would troubleshoot it from my pc and there it says no IP. The max guest I have connected to my coxwifi hotspot is 2-3 devices max. I also tried forgetting the devices and reconnecting and still the same outcome. It would also won't even do a popup page for me to sign into the hotspot account like it use to do when I would connect to it. The devices were only like 12ft or less away from the modem too. I also have a router that connects to my panoramic moden as a wifi extender for my peroneal wifi, but I've read in another forum that cox will stop my coxwifi hotspot if I use another router even thought it's also connect to the cox modem that I bought? So I'm confuse like is that true? Or does the hotspot has a problem like an outage if that's even possible. I pretty much tried everything modem reset and devices. be dope if some can help me fix it, so that other people can use the wifi because I don't have unlimited data.

• Hi Josh1018715,

I apologize that you are having trouble with the Cox wifi hotspot at your home. Are you able to connect to Cox wifi host spots at other locations?

Greg

Josh1018715
      New Contributor

I don't care about other locations. Did you even read what I typed? Point is the hotspot(CoxWifi) on the panoramic modem stopped working as it shows "no internet connection" even though it's connected. All of the sudden it's failed now. I've only used it for about 2 months. reset and restarted everything and even forget the devices and tried again and again still doesn't work. I think it might be about time to call it quits on this internet provider.

JulianN

Hello, I am very sorry you’ve not had the best experience with Cox. I understand how important communication and reliable service is. We value your business, and I would be happy to help. Please email us your “full” name, “complete” address, and a copy of your post to Cox.Help@cox.com for further assistance. Thank you!

• CoxWiFi (also networks named "CableWiFi") are metropolitan hotspots in public/commercial areas.

If you have a hotspot with your Panoramic WiFi from Cox Home, perhaps that's a different situation? A "hotspot" in lower case can mean a dedicated device that shares a mobile data connection, or enabling a smartphone hotspot feature, sharing the smartphone's connection with your guests?

CoxWiFi hotspots are not owned by customers and you wouldn't have access to their settings or anything, and they aren't installed in homes

Josh1018715
      New Contributor

the panoramic modem or the plan comes with a hotspot feature I've been using it for months now plus I can see that's it's mine because I can turn it off and on and see it appear or disappear. Plus I'm the only "CoxWifi" that exist on the wifi when trying to discover and connect. It's just that today it won't even connect any more all it says when connected is "no internet connection". Tried other devices and it prompted the same thing.