Forum Discussion

mvg
New Contributor II
10 months ago

Cox webmail login sending me to another site

This just started today, after a normal login this morning. When I tried to login this afternoon, after an extremely long wait (which has been par for the course since the "new & improved" webmail debuted recently) what comes up is ANOTHER login page, this one completely unfamiliar in appearance. It says "Cox Email," but does not look like a Cox page & does not recognize my username or password. Even though the URL shows as the proper Cox URL for webmail, the page says "OX Software GmbH 2023" at the bottom, the GmbH indicating a GERMAN company.

I've tried clearing my cache, I've tried opening on different browsers. I keep getting sent to this other login page. My wife's Cox webmail isn't doing this, just mine. Anyone have any idea WTH is going on? This is bizarre even for Cox.

And while I'm at it, I'll add my voice to the complaints about the new webmail version, which is often slow as bejeezus, no longer allows selecting multiple emails to move or delete (improving webmail shd involve REDUCING the number of clicks, not INCREASING them). I've also been experiencing many instances of no new emails showing up in my inbox, sometimes for hours. But when I open Cox webmail in a new tab, suddenly THAT shows all my new emails, which have been stuck in limbo.

26 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Cox should have been more proactive during this email transitions.  Cox should have prepared subscribers for redirects, interruptions, new designs, missing and added features, etc.

Keeping Customers Informed:  Fail.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

How are you signing into Webmail?  Just to eliminate a variable, if you're using a shortcut, try signing into your Cox account and launching Webmail from a link on a Cox webpage.

mvg
      New Contributor II

Did that. Multiple times. Same result.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

My guess is your seeing behind the current of the email provider Cox outsourced to. Could you upload a screenshot? You have to join the forum using the link on the Internet forum home page.

mvg
      New Contributor II

Joined the forum & have tried uploading a screenshot several times, but keep getting an "An error occurred" message.

Geri_Ann
    New Contributor III

The exact same thing is happening to me today.  Sometimes I can get in, more often I get the spinning circle for a lonnnng time and then it sends me to that other login page you are getting.  What is going on, Cox???

Geri_Ann
      New Contributor III

Oh, and when I try to log in from that weird log in page, it also tells me that my email address and password do not match.  WHAT is happening here?

Geri_Ann
        New Contributor III

And now on that weird log-in page I'm getting "429 An unknown error occurred (NOSERVER)" 

Geri_Ann
    New Contributor III

By the way, I found that holding down control while clicking on emails allows you to select multiple emails to delete or move.  It took me forever to figure that out, as I was used to checking a box next to each email I wanted to delete.  

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I think the option to restore the check boxes is in Settings (gear icon).

Geri_Ann
        New Contributor III

Thank you!  Again, something they didn't tell us to do, LOL!

DenMori
    New Contributor

Same thing is happening to me..this is super irritating

JRkc89
    New Contributor

My microsoft outlook is able to log in and retrieve my emails but have the same problem with the web based emails.  Does that chat with Oliver ever work!!!

edrocker
    New Contributor

I’m getting redirected to the same page and having the same issue. 

technoman
    New Contributor II

Same thing happens to me. I get that goofy page that shows up which doesn't accept my login even after clearing my cookies and site data on Firefox.

mvg
      New Contributor II

Did finally get a reply from the German company OX Software, whose login page we keep getting sent to, but they obviously did not read my email, since their reply asks me for a "Product Maintenance or Support Key, which you have received after the purchase of the product or you have bought" -- as if I am their client, not Cox. I reiterated the issue & added that multiple people on this forum are reporting the same problem. Told them I did not need to hear back from them, just need them to FIX IT.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I Know Nuth-thik!

—Sgt Schultz