Forum Discussion

Billfromalexand
New Contributor II
3 years ago

"Cox Production" screen stops access to email

"Cox Production" screen stops access to email even though I'm logged in to my account. I'm using Silk on a Fire 10. The screen is very simple and just asks for a userid and password but won't accept my regular userid and password which I used mere seconds ago.

6 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Billfromalexandria
    I know how important it is for you to access your email accounts. Are you able to access your email via webmail? Also, have you tried to use the repair tool for your email client?

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Billfromalexand
      New Contributor II

I am not using an email client. I am using webmail with the Silk browser on my Fire 10 tablet. I can access email from my Windows laptop, no problem there. Until last week sometime I was able to access email from my Fire tablet. I've tried deleting all data but that had no effect.

Parakeet49
    New Contributor II

This is exactly the same problem I have been having for the past week or so. I am also using Silk on a Fire 10. Like you, it was just fine and then suddenly it wasn't.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Any browser updates available?

As far as I know, Silk is a basic, minimalist browser with limited expansion for extensions and add-ons.  This is fine because Silk is fast but what it's lacking in features may also be lacking in security updates.  If encryption, authentication or some other security attribute has changed, Silk may be behind.  I'm sure it'll be compatible again.