Forum Discussion

ddeck
New Contributor
2 years ago

Cox Panoramic Wifi No 5ghz Band

Hello.  Today I noticed some of my devices got disconnected from my wifi network.  Upon further investigation, all of those devices were on the 5ghz band, so I looked to check my network and noticed the 5ghz wifi name was changed to the same name as the 2.4ghz band.  What's really weird (and frustrating I might add) is that I can no longer edit the wifi settings because Cox blocked them.  Why is this and how can I get back into my 5ghz band?  

3 Replies

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

If you have a Pano modem and you get WiFi cable box, it will automatically shift the 2.4 and 5.0 ghz bands to the same SSID. There is no way to prevent that. The ONLY way that I know to get around that would be to add a separate router and set it up as an access point so that it provide ip handling from the pano modem, but you can program the SSID's in it separate so that you have differing SSID's for 2.4 and 5.0 ghz. 

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III
      Today I noticed some of my devices got disconnected

Would this be an immediate "shift" during initial installation or would it take some time to automatically shift?  Seems as though OP's network was optimized but after some time, Pano broke it.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

It's nice when a router overrides your administrative decisions, huh?

The Panoramic has a feature to combine both frequencies into 1 network and 1 SSID.  You should be able to separate these frequencies and create 2 networks and 2 SSIDs.

Are you using the Panoramic app to administer or 192.168.0.1?