Netgear CAX80 combo modem / router. Router connection keeps dropping off several times during the dayI purchased this Netgear CAX80 in Oct 2021. At the time a high end modem/router ($400). I can say fairly OK for the last 17 months. However, during the last week (early Mar 2023) I've had to reset the modem multiple times during the day (3x) after loosing all the WiFi network connections. I have done the following w/o any successful results: 1. Changed the SSID name & paswords for all the netwoks 2. Changed the modem/router location 3. Plugged the modem/router directly to wall outlet (it used to be plugged to a power strip) Because the router is out of warranty I can't get proper support from Netgear Today, during another router outage I decided to test if hard wiring into the modem w/ ethernet cable I could get online. To my surprise, yes I was able to. So this tells me is therouter section (WiFi) of this modem causing the problem. Again, I had toreset the modem to get everything working again. This can't be normal Yesterday I called COX to check if they could help and the only thing they said was the normal ..."reset" ... which I know that resolves the problem temporarily. However, I shouldn't have to do that 3 or more times a day!!! Has anyone else run into the same problem? What solutions did you apply to fix the issue. Much appreciated for the forum feedback
- Hello. Today I noticed some of my devices got disconnected from my wifi network. Upon further investigation, all of those devices were on the 5ghz band, so I looked to check my network and noticed the 5ghz wifi name was changed to the same name as the 2.4ghz band. What's really weird (and frustrating I might add) is that I can no longer edit the wifi settings because Cox blocked them. Why is this and how can I get back into my 5ghz band?
- I bought a new Netgear Nighthawk C7800 this past January as at that time, I was experiencing intermittent internet connectivity via Ethernet and Wifi, and I thought it was hardware related (I previously had an Arris Surfboard). But, the connection is still not stable at times and it seems to get worse at night. With Wifi, both 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals will stop broadcasting and will re-appear on their own, or the quality of the signal is poor to where I experience buffering and stuttering. Reboots of the modem do absolutely nothing to resolve the issue. I spoke to Netgear support, who suggested that I take a look at the power levels for the downstream channels. They informed me those power levels should be between 7 and 14. As of the time I began contacting their support (and Cox's), power levels are wayyyy lower than that: https://imgur.com/xJxHHGL Cox has only suggested that I reboot my modem (figures, and I've done this plenty of times) and I previously had a technician come out but they didn't find anything wrong with the line and suggested the hardware was at fault. Which I doubt it's the hardware because it's just barely 3 months old from being purchased. What the heck can be done to improve the power levels of my line, so that I can get a consistent stable Internet connection?!
- Can't see the wireless network on my Lenovo laptop. I can see other networks. I've reset the wireless adapter. I've made sure I have the most up to date software. Every other device in the house can see the two cox networks. I've attempted Hard resetting the modem and reconfiguring it. I was able to connect only 3 days ago to the wifi with the Lenovo.i tried to restore my laptop to a previous date when I could connect. All my adapter settings are correct. Why can I not see the Cox wifi networks in my own house?
- Hello I have been having issues ever since I moved to this new house. Cox had been working great with no issues whatsoever in the previous home. Unfortunately now we cant have a solid connection for more than 1 hour. It's a shame because we pay good money for wifi and use it for work. I have tried everything in my power to try and fix the issue having only a few devices connected at a time, moving the router closer to the middle of the house, checking all the wires. nothing seems to work, we also had multiple techs come in!!!. If I were to guess the issue is coming from the outdoor box but when you mention to them that your wifi is not working and want to sent a tech and the issue is not cox related they want to charge you! I mean my issue should've been fix the day I moved to the new place. When it does work less than 15 minutes they speed is amazing really fast
- So I’m a pretty new member for Cox... it’s been just over a month and without any problems! Which is really good since I’m a student during the summer and full time throughout the year, so I REALLY need consistency! Well, today was my first problem. So I came home from working all day and my Internet was working this morning but I came back and it wasn’t working and the US/DS light is flashing. Called support line, they couldn’t do anything besides tell me to turn it off then back on. Now, I have to wait 3 days until I can even get a tech out here to even look at it! As a full time student and full time two job employee, I can’t afford three days without internet. I expected better customer service from the support lines and at least something available next day for help restoring the connection... now I’m going to have to figure out how to get all my assignments done without my laptop, considering they’re all online, this won’t be a walk in the park if it’s even possible. Definitely not what I had expected in my first 2 months of being a customer. There needs to be more options for fixing internet that is down rather than simply, “unplug, then plug back in”. And on top of that, a $75 maintainance fee at “the technicians discretion”!? Are you kidding me? Once again, I am a college student, paying for his own schooling, his own apartment, and his own internet service bill. I don’t have $75 laying around to dish out to someone at their own discretion. The fact that I haven’t touched the modem (which I rent from cox) since installation or any of the cords near it or connected to it, and I haven’t had any previous problems whatsoever, leads me to believe this is a “Cox” problem. AND on top of ALL of this, some way, somehow, they messed up my address? And have my service at the completely wrong address which I can’t change until Monday of course, and I have to go in to the store, mind you, this is where I purchased the service initially. So since I had set up the service in person, there shouldn’t have been ANY confusion whatsoever. But no my service is registered at the complete wrong address. The numbers aren’t even similar to my current address and neither is the street! It makes no sense as to why this mistake was made and really upsets me that I should even have to deal with this before I’ve even been in service for 2 months! So thanks for adding another good load of stress on an already stressed out college student. Time to wait 3 days to hear from someone.