Forum Discussion

Pampurrs
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Cox panoramic modem

I started renting this modem/router combo from Cox a month ago because I wasn't getting all the speed I was paying for with my old modem and router.  What a piece of junk this is!!  The internet stays connected, but the Wifi comes and goes.  I know that it's just the router portion of the device,  because I have a laptop direct connected to it, and when everything else in the house loses it's connection, the direct connected laptop is still online.

I have chatted with support numerous times about this and all I get is lip service.  I can't believe they're charging me $10 per month for this garbage.   Are other people having the same issues with this thing?

I'm ready to take this garbage back to the Cox store and go back to my old, slow modem and router.  It may not have been as fast, but at least it stayed connected.

12 Replies

JBHFL
    New Contributor II

Agreed, a total waste of 12 a month. Coverage around the house is pitiful.

Pampurrs
    New Contributor II

I disconnected this POS modem and reconnected my old modem and router.  They are working just fine with no interruption.  I'm bringing this garbage back to the Cox store tomorrow.  They've got a lot of nerve charging me $10 a month for this **.

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Pampurrs,

Here are some helpful articles on ways to fix slow speeds on the WiFi network, and to improve your internet experience as a whole:

www.cox.com/.../ways-to-improve-your-internet-speed-experience.html
    www.cox.com/.../fixing-slow-wifi.html

Cox also offers WiFi mesh pods, which are designed to eliminate dead spots where WiFi coverage drops or is weak. Overall, this is meant to improve your online experience:

www.cox.com/.../pods.html

For additional support, please feel free to reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com, Facebook or Twitter. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Pampurrs
      New Contributor II

That doesn't even come close to solving the problem I described in my post.

JBHFL
      New Contributor II

Why would we want to spend MORE money on Cox pods to get wifi coverage?

Since the Panoramic does not function as advertised and costs $12 month, we might as well get a free telephony modem from Cox and go back to our Netgear Nighthawk router (which works well). The only loss is free Cox support for the network which I continued when away.

Customers with issues should be provided with free pods due to the massive amount of time Cox has spent on home visits for a network that does not perform as advertised? Then again I could  go back to requesting weekly visits until fixed! 

NOTE: Speed tests with Ookla looks good when close to the Panoramic BUT the wifi is not stable over the whole house. The wifi goes down frequently.

bearone2
      Contributor III

can't connect 2 dell laptops with panoramic wi-fi but cell phones connect ok. both laptops worked fine before the swap to panoramic with cox phone/internet/tv modem + my router.

NicholeC
        Hi Bearone2,

Are they not connecting to either network? Do you receive any errors when attempting to connect to either the 2.4 or 5ghz options?
  • Yes I’m as well my turns off allot especially at around 6am - 9am it just stays blinking orange and green forever..

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @VickieWestrup4

On the CGM4141 gateway when it's flashing orange(amber) and green it's updating the firmware but it shouldn't be updating every day. When this happen are you losing your wireless and hardwired connections?
      Becky
      Hi Ihatecox2019, your modem metrics are outside of our preferred specifications, so I'm not surprised that you're having connectivity issues. This is not something that we can fix remotely. At your earliest convenience, please email my team at cox.help@cox.com so we can schedule a service call for you. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator