Forum Discussion

UnhappyCustome2
New Contributor
2 years ago

Cox Is Throttling My Twitch Stream, I Want A Refund. Maybe Class Action?

I see countless people on here complaining about Cox throttling their internet speeds on certain ports like they are doing to me now. I demand a refund for my service. It is unethical and illegal to advertise a service and then throttle it. I suggest that you stop these shady practices now. Consider this a strong warning from a citizen who will not put up with this.

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Like WMO stated, this is a Users supporting Users forum, kvetching here to Cox won't accomplish anything, nor will making veiled threats. Additionally, Cox doesn't throttle services. If you run some speedtests over a wired ethernet connection, and get good speeds, that's that. Most of the time, again like WMO stated, it's probably congestion. 

yahelmartinez
      New Contributor

It's a forum but people need to know your practices that you steal people's money and hang on to if there's no way to get it back

ChrisJ2

Hi, there. The purpose of Cox Forums is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox residential services with other customers. For questions, comments, and concerns regarding outages, billing, or other account-specific issues, we request that you reach out to us on Twitter at CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/coxcommunications, or email us at Cox.Help@cox.com.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Can you proof it is throttling and not congestion? Also, this is a user helping user forum. What point is your "warning"?