Forum Discussion

humpty
New Contributor
4 years ago

Cox E-Mail File

I am moving and have to change my cox e-mail.  I already created an outlook e-mail and added the cox e-mail to that account.  I would like to know where I can locate and download all my old cox e-mails as the cox service will be turned off shortly.  I think that by adding my cox email to my outlook acct   the cox emails are still on cox's server and not my computer so I won't be able to access them once cox service ends shortly.   Thanks in advance for any help.  

4 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    all my old cox e-mails

What are old emails?  Did you previously delete your old email?  Did you organize your old email into custom folders?  Are your old email in the Sent folder?

We just need your process on what you do with email.

humpty
      New Contributor

Old e-mails meaning   the emails I saved in Cox in different folders that I created.  

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

You'd just need to move all email into your Inbox on webmail.

Before you begin, I'd replicate the Custom folders in webmail into Outlook.  This way, when you move all email from a Custom folder to the Inbox in webmail, they'll download at one time into Outlook.  Then select all and move.

To download and remove from the server, you'll need to configure your Outlook for POP.

As for addresses, you may just need to copy and paste the info in a intermediary dox and recreate in Outlook.  If you're handy with Excel, you could copy-and-paste into a spread and just import into your contact folder.

www.cox.com/.../cox-email-server-settings.html

UPDATE:  There is an Export option in webmail for your addresses:  Contacts tab > Action for Contacts icon (3 horizontal bars) > Export > Format (CSV).

humpty
      New Contributor

Thank you Bruce.  My emails were all in separate folders outside of the inbox.  I've moved the folders into the inbox.  Also when I first added cox to my outlook   it did it in imap   so ill switch it to pop.   Appreciate the help very much.