Forum Discussion

PhilGuzelf
New Contributor III
2 months ago

Cox and Yahoo!

I am still paying Cox for E-mail and getting ads when I go to me E-mail accounts. As far as I am concerned this transition has been a major failure by Cox. There is no control over if I get Ads or not but I do not appreciate Cox charging me for this failure. What is next will Cox be wanting me to pay for getting Over the Air TV when they fail with their cable TV? Disappointed with COX!

Darkatt
    Honored Contributor

Sorry, you have never paid for email service. It was a free service with your internet. There has never been a charge, nor an extra charge for their email service. 

At least they transferred it to Yahoo, when Verizon got out of the email service, they told everyone to simply find a new provider, you totally lost your email address, no matter how long you had it. 

PhilGuzelf
      New Contributor III

What a load of crap. I paid Cox for internet and received e-mail service with it. They took my money and provided e-mail service. Now they still take my money for internet and have given me an inferior e-mail service with advertisements. Sure I can get another e-mail service but then I would be paying more for what I used to get with my COX internet services. I feel scammed by COX!

Darkatt
        Honored Contributor

I don't understand how you think you were scammed. NOWHERE in any bill, or online description, did it ever, in any way, shape, or form, provide pricing for email. In fact nowhere does it even provide an option for getting internet without E-mail for a lower cost. 

In fact years ago, Cox STOPPED providing email addresses to new customers, and they paid the same for their internet service as you did, WITH E-mail. Does that mean Cox should have charged you more for your internet service WITH E-mail, than they charged their new customers for internet service WITHOUT E-Mail? If so, should they bill you retroactively from the date they stopped providing E-Mail addresses to new customers?