Forum Discussion

Wendyc
New Contributor
5 years ago

Constant disconnects

I am constantly getting disconneted  constantly. I don't pay for the top tier internet to never be able to use it. Was in a ZOOM meeting for a job lost it because of disconnet. Yet I'm expected to pay full price each month 

4 Replies

• Wendyc, I am sorry that you are experiencing frequent disconnects with your internet connection. Please check all of your connections to make sure they are at least finger tight and let us know if there is a splitter on the cable line. If you are on a wired connection, please try connecting your computer to the modem directly using an ethernet cord, then restart your equipment.

Please let us know if this helps correct the issue. If you still need assistance, please contact us via Facebook or Twitter @coxhelp. You may also Chat live online at www.cox.com. If you prefer to call, here is our 24/7 toll-free number: 1-800-234-3993.

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Internet_probl2
      New Contributor

Wendyc if you ever do figure out what Cox has been up to and why, please share in here, or with me, or all.  My internet hasn't worked correctly for weeks, but that bill is still expected to be paid.  When mine decides to work I only ger at best 31 MBPS down and my ups usually is ok.  IM PAYING $150 A MONTH FOR GIGABLAST THAT ONLY HAS A SPEED OF 3O MBPS IF IT EVEN STAYS CONNECTED FOR MORE THAN 5 MINUTES.  HELP?!!     Mike !  Dont you dare tell me to check my ANYTHING.  IT HAS BEEN DONE.   COX IS LIMITING ME IN EFFORT TO FORCE ME TO UPGRADE.  THIS IF IS NOT, SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!  AN UNKNOWN INTERMITANT SIGNAL SENT FROM COX IS DISTRUPTING MY SERVICE. INTENTIONALLY. 

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III
        IM PAYING $150 A MONTH FOR GIGABLAST
        COX IS LIMITING ME IN EFFORT TO FORCE ME TO UPGRADE.

Upgrade to what?  Terablast?