Forum Discussion

Internetonly
New Contributor
7 years ago

CM8200 drops connection

I received a new Arris CM8200 from Cox at their request. After several days of use, I would not recommend it. I am running Windows 7 Pro on a 32-bit machine with Microsoft Internet Explore 11. The CM8200 randomly drops the internet connection. There is no change to the status lights when the connection drops. Resetting the model works, but the internet link will not return unless I reboot the computer, which indicates the Microsoft Internet connection troubleshooter is apparently not able to interface with the CM8200. The question is, should I bother trying again with a different CM8200, or is this problem a "feature" of the CM8200? Note: no way for me to force a firmware update of this device.

1 Reply

• Hello Internetonly, Appears we may have a signal concern in your area and would like to look into this for you. When available, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email by at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the full service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.