Forum Discussion

adjunct
New Contributor
6 years ago

Can't send email

About a week ago (probably coincident with the April 24 Cox email security change), I have been unable to send emails from my Cox account using Outlook.  I created a new email account on Outlook, and have set it up per Cox instructions (POP, pop.cox.net, port 995 - smtp.cox.net, TLS, port 587).  The receive email function works, but it fails every time it tries to send an email. 

5 Replies

Bfull
    New Contributor

You are not alone. It works on wifi, but not on phone data connection. Authentication error when trying to adjust server settings, or I'll send that message when you have a network connection again.... and I already have data connection. After re-setting multiple email accounts on android devices and even reinstalling t-mobile email app it becomes apparent this issue is limited to cox.net outgoing email. Gmail works. Cox.net only works on wifi.

• I am having the same issue.   I have an open ticket since 4/25 and no reply yet.

sw23185
      New Contributor III

I am also having this issue.   I also have an open ticket since 4/25 and no reply yet.  Using Thunderbird 60.6.1, also failing on my iPhone running basic Mail.

wjohnson270
    New Contributor II

Same here with MacMail. Blocked IP is the error I see in my Mail Log?  I can't get anyone at COX to give me an answer...Hell, I can't even get anyone at COX to respond.

I can send and receive from home using the same version of Mac Mail with all the same settings. At work, I can't connect to SMTP.

Steve_A
      New Contributor III

I also have the same problem.   I can’t send email from the mail app on my iPhone when I’m on my work Wi-Fi.     If I turn off Wi-Fi it works ok.   When I’m home on my cox network Wi-Fi it works ok.     

This was all working ok last week?    Why can’t I send email only when on my corporate work Wi-Fi?