Forum Discussion

Zurq
Contributor II
5 years ago

Bad Ping and Packet Loss on fortnite while using cox.

I would like help on fixing this issue, I normally get 30-45 ping and 0% packet loss all day but now for some reason I get 45-60 ping and 1-6% packet loss. Had a tech come by a couple days ago, he couldnt find anything wrong apparently, so if anyone knows what to do to fix it, besides dropping cox as my isp, cause they are the only isp available in my area that is semi decent.

11 Replies

BlackWat3r
    New Contributor III

You won't find help here sadly. There are thousands reporting same exact issue with cox, intermediate packet loss. They will ping your modem and say everything is fine. RIP

Zurq
      Contributor II

I figured, I also think they are throttling me, cause I use speedify and I was not getting any packet loss.

• I am actually seeing a little bit of intermittent packet loss directly to your modem. I checked your area and a different customer has a ticket assigned to our maintenance team to have a speed issue investigated. I have a feeling that this may be related to the issue that you are seeing. I will attach our team to this ticket and check back once that ticket has been resolved.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Zurq
      Contributor II

I woke up this morning booted up fortnite and I am getting 0% packet loss. what happened.

BlackWat3r
        New Contributor III

It's possible the node you are on is at 100% in peak hours.