Forum Discussion

kchasteen
New Contributor
2 years ago

Auto forward of Cox email stopped working

Auto forward stopped working.  I have my email set to forward to my phone and it's been working fine for years. The last email that was forwarded was at 1:48 this morning. I checked the settings and it still shows that it's set to forward but it isn't happening.  I also checked the receiving inbox and it is not full. How do I fix this?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Webmail Auto Forward isn't working.  Filter Rule action "Redirect to" isn't working either.

CurtB
      Valued Contributor III

I know why Auto Forward isn't working for me.  I just now tried to send a message from Webmail to my Outlook account and I received this message:

Edit: This error also occurred when sending to gmail.

This is intermittent.  I was able to send a heads up to Cox and receive their reply:

"There currently is an outage affecting email and this is what is causing your issue at this time. Our engineers are currently working on resolving the issue. There isn't an ETR on when it'll be back up as of now".

Darkatt
      Valued Contributor III

What mail system are you auto forwarding to. THEY may be treating Cox Mail as spam. 

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

There was maintenance last night on the server. If still not work after 6AM then try deleting the forward rule and set it back up. Maybe that will fix what ever back end issue it is. 

tyberlin
    New Contributor

I've read the other posts about the recent email outage and while my emails have been restored in the Cox webmail service, auto-forwarding is still down. I have three accounts forwarding to Gmail addresses for 6+ years and they've been unresponsive since January 25, 2023 with no emails being forwarded. The problem isn't intermitted.

On one account I had "keep a copy of the message" disabled, so I lost all my emails from those days. I've tried deleting and recreating the rule to no avail.

Once this is back up, it's time to finally switch from Cox's emails on all my accounts. Two days without an official response and no one at customer support knowing what's going on is a joke.

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor
      it's time to finally switch from Cox's emails on all my accounts

Good for you! I made the switch a couple years ago when Cox outsourced their email(without announcement) to Rackspace. Not only is it a better, more secure email service, but it keeps you from being tied down to a single ISP.

kchasteen
    New Contributor

And it just started working again this evening.

Thanks for the suggestions!