Forum Discussion

PAK
New Contributor
11 months ago

AUP#CXSNDR Error Sending Email

I haven't encountered this problem before. I have tried twice to report a phishing email to their respective companies (Amazon and PayPal). I use the email address given on their website and just forward the message. Then I get this:

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  <paul.koerber@cox.net> message rejected. Refer to Error Codes section at www.cox.com/.../email-error-codes.html for more information. AUP#CXSNDR. Please check the message and try again.

Trying to send again results in the same error.

I am using Thunderbird 102.12.0 (64-bit).

While I don't send many emails I have to think this problem occurred because of the contents of the phishing emails?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Do you get that message only when sending to a specific email address? If so, try sending a blank email to the same address and see if you get the same error. Sounds like you are triggering Cox's anti-spam.

PAK
      New Contributor

Yes a blank message goes through. I thought about zipping the message up and sending it that way. But then I again I think I will try copy and paste into a gmail message.

WiderMouthOpen
        Esteemed Contributor

Must be something with the message then. Try forwarding the offending email as a attachment instead of a normal email. Select Message | Forward As | Attachment from the menu.

I am curious, if you have Gmail why do you still use Cox email? I find Gmail to be far superior.