Forum Discussion

Tom2001
Contributor
5 months ago
Solved

All outgoing email fails from web and Iphone

Over 2 days ago my Cox webmail has been broken. I can login and get incoming mail, however I get and error message and a fail to send when I try to send an email or reply to an email. Upon call Cox support who bumped me up to second tier support, they said it was a "Filtering" problem that they have seen before and would notify the Email "Team" to resolve the issue. Still no response. Attached are screen shots from Web and Iphone showing the messages. I will send the to the cox support email so they can pass them on to the email "Team".

Message from Webmail on sending an email:

Message from Iphone when setting the proper (yes checked it 100's of times) password:

And finally the message I get when I try to send a message (Inbox working fine):

• The Cox email "Team" got back to us and said they "fixed" the problem with sending emails from webmail and the iPhone. We didn't change any settings on the iPhone now all is working fine.

They didn't say what their solution was and Cox supported didn't either.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • The Cox email "Team" got back to us and said they "fixed" the problem with sending emails from webmail and the iPhone. We didn't change any settings on the iPhone now all is working fine.

They didn't say what their solution was and Cox supported didn't either.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

• Hello,

It does look like the email address that you are attempting to send mail to has been blocked by us. I recommend sending an email by following the guidelines at the bottom of the page in this link: https://www.cox.com/residential/support/email-error-codes.html. 

Also, you will want to check your email settings for your mobile device. You can find the required settings here: https://www.cox.com/residential/support/cox-email-server-settings.html.

WiderMouthOpen
    Esteemed Contributor

Why does your outgoing email address have SMTP in it? Shouldn't it just be cao@cox.net?

Darkatt
    Valued Contributor III

AUP means you're blocked, you will need to contact Cox tech support.