Forum Discussion

Bruce7
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Acp

I was wondering how many of cox customers were able to get approved for ACP program through cox site?  Cox.com/ACP 

• I was able to get it from cox.com, no jumping through hoops of submitting documents or going to .gov websites.

• The reason I asked was because I couldn’t get through cox.com/ACP like some other people, but was approved when I went through the FCC site.  The output of going through both sites (cox &FCC) is an APID number that identifies the customer has been verified and approved for the program.  Therefore the FCC provides the money to the provider (cox) and in turn the provider gives that credit to the customer.  Cox partners with Id.me to verify and approve the eligibility of the customer.  One of the requirement of eligibility is, if you or a member of your household is presently using Federal Pell Grant for their education.  In all cases when Federal Pell Grant is assigned to someone, the government sends the proper document directly to financial aid dept. of that university or college.  Therefore you get no documents from government but only from your university financial aid dept. to that effect.  Here is where id.me program fails to understand that there’s no “Government” Pell Grant documents per se, but only the document from the financial aid dept. stating such person has received so much in Pell Grant.  However the FCC site realizes that and accepts it (financial aid dept. doc.) as a valid document and approves your eligibility.  Unfortunately Id.me does not and has no telephone number to be contacted, and only by email to resolve the problem.  I have tried to resolve this problem with them, but every time they send you a tailor made response to your email.  Sorry for long reply but I hope I was able to sort out the detail.  Therefore I like many others who have been approved by FCC which is the governing board for ACP, and unfortunately not by cox as our provider, and can’t get our ACP credit.
    In case cox insists that’s the only way to be approved for ACP, I have no choice ti file a consumer compliant report with FCC.  Thank you at least for listening! 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Samophlange
    New Contributor III

I was able to get it from cox.com, no jumping through hoops of submitting documents or going to .gov websites.

• Hi Bruce, I'm unable to provide you with a number. I'm sorry! That's not info my team can access. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Bruce7
      New Contributor

The reason I asked was because I couldn’t get through cox.com/ACP like some other people, but was approved when I went through the FCC site.  The output of going through both sites (cox &FCC) is an APID number that identifies the customer has been verified and approved for the program.  Therefore the FCC provides the money to the provider (cox) and in turn the provider gives that credit to the customer.  Cox partners with Id.me to verify and approve the eligibility of the customer.  One of the requirement of eligibility is, if you or a member of your household is presently using Federal Pell Grant for their education.  In all cases when Federal Pell Grant is assigned to someone, the government sends the proper document directly to financial aid dept. of that university or college.  Therefore you get no documents from government but only from your university financial aid dept. to that effect.  Here is where id.me program fails to understand that there’s no “Government” Pell Grant documents per se, but only the document from the financial aid dept. stating such person has received so much in Pell Grant.  However the FCC site realizes that and accepts it (financial aid dept. doc.) as a valid document and approves your eligibility.  Unfortunately Id.me does not and has no telephone number to be contacted, and only by email to resolve the problem.  I have tried to resolve this problem with them, but every time they send you a tailor made response to your email.  Sorry for long reply but I hope I was able to sort out the detail.  Therefore I like many others who have been approved by FCC which is the governing board for ACP, and unfortunately not by cox as our provider, and can’t get our ACP credit.
      In case cox insists that’s the only way to be approved for ACP, I have no choice ti file a consumer compliant report with FCC.  Thank you at least for listening!