Forum Discussion

Ryson
New Contributor
9 years ago

Webmail is PAINFULLY Slow!

Good Morning,

For a few months now, webmail has been painfully, painfully slow.  When signing on to webmail, at times it's very fast, usually in the morning but for the majority of the day, it's extremely slow.  I can enter my userid and password, click 'login' and the login can sit and churn for up to 1 or 2 minutes at times.  ALL OTHER INTERNET ACCESS IS FAST, IT IS ONLY COX WEBMAIL THAT IS SLOW.  It doesn't matter if I'm accessing webmail from a PC (Windows 7 Professional), a Mac, an iPad or an iPhone.  Results are the same.  Churning and churning and, in the case of the iPad or iPhone, I will intermittently get an error message saying unable to access the server(s).  All access is via wi-fi. 

Things I have tried:
- virus scans on ALL devices
- reset of router to defaults then setting it back up
- reboot of all devices
- power off/on of the router

None of these things has been effective and, as noted above, it is ONLY WITH WEBMAIL, that I have this problem. Sometimes I NEVER get a response from the Cox webmail server(s) and I finally just give up.   If this problem were due to a router issue, I would expect all internet access to be slow but that's not the case.  It is only webmail.

Can someone please help with this?  It is incredibly frustrating and I NEED to be able to get to my mail.

Thanks.

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion